– I am featured in several episodes of The Weather Channel’s show Strangest Weather on Earth, airing in the U.K. and the U.S. in Fall 2015. Please check here soon for updates on this.
– Here is my interview with Dr. Moira Gunn on Tech Nation (NPR) on the 2013 Nobel Prize in Physics awarded for the discovery of the Higgs Boson.
– I am featured in the upcoming book Lighting the City, Changing the World: A History of the Sciences at the University of San Francisco, written by Alan Ziajka (associate vice provost for academic affairs and university historian at USF), to be published in October, 2014.
– 2014, short piece in the French magazine Pour La Science: This was included as part of a longer article on the first stars in the universe by science writer Michael Lemonick that appeared in Scientific American. See PAGE 5 of the article attached HERE.
– 2009, Research profiled by Space.com, picked up by Yahoo News and other news sites: Interviewed by writer Andrea Thompson at Space.com on early results from an astrobiology collaboration with Dr. Lynn Rothschild (NASA-Ames). The feature article titled “Could Life Be 12 Billion Years Old?” is online HERE.
– 2006, Featured in “Chasing Hubble’s Shadows”: This book by science writer Jeff Kanipe includes multiple quotes from me on the masses and formation epochs of the first stars in the universe.
– 2004, Research profiled in US and international news: My research on the first stars’ mass function with Jason Tumlinson and Mike Shull was featured in more than two dozen US and international news publications and wires including Sky and Telescope, The Washington Times, Sciencedaily.com, Spaceref.com, et alia.). This also appeared in several regional and national newspapers in India, and was otherwise reprinted in multiple languages.
– 2011: Advertisement for USF that aired on television sports channels during USF Basketball Games. Translated into 10 languages. Youtube video HERE.
– 2002: Featured in article “An Indian Star in Astrophysics” in Madras Musings, a Chennai-based fortnightly magazine (Chennai, India). Also featured in the Talk of the Town column in the national newspaper The Hindu (Chennai, India), and in Women in Physics on International Women’s Day in the daily newspaper The Midday (Mumbai, India).